Saturday, November 7, 2009

Battlestar Galactica - The Plan

Oh, Battlestar Galactica. I was so looking forward to The Plan. I mean, what's not to love - it's the BSG story, but from the point of view of the Cylons!! How could this go wrong?

Here's how - they could make it slow, and without purpose. Rather than trying to tell its own story, The Plan is basically nothing more than short scenes which could have just as easily been outtakes from previous episodes. While some of them were interesting, most of them didn't tell us anything we hadn't already learned. (Although the insight on Leoban's obsession with Kara was somewhat fascinating.) It just didn't work, and it was disappointing.

I know BSG fans are hoping for more movies like this set in the BSG universe - I know I am. But I know much of the future of the universe depends on how well The Plan is receieved. Unfortunately, after watching it, I don't hold out much hope for more.

No comments: