Saturday, February 7, 2009

Battlestar Galactica - Season 4, Episode 14 - "Blood on the Scales"

Obviously, my resolve to wait until the end didn't last. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to watch this week's episode, until my husband said, "How many times do you think you'll cry before this episode is over? I'm betting at least two." So, of course, then I had to watch. (By the way, he was right.)




*************Spoilers Ahead********************





Oh, Laura Roslin. How they underestimated you. When you told them you were coming for them all, I cheered. Zarek had no idea how strong you are - he truly believed that telling you Adama was dead could make you give up. Proving him wrong was one of the greatest moments I've ever seen, and showed once again that you were destined to lead the fleet - "I will use every weapon down to my own teeth".

As I mentioned last week, any mutiny that doesn't have a plan to eliminate Starbuck and Apollo is destined to fail. And Apollo throwing the grenade but not pulling the pin was hilarious.

Chief Tyrol has always been one of my favorites, and it was great to see him get to be a hero. It's interesting that the Cylons were more loyal to Adama than the humans - once again, blurring the lines between the "good guys" and "bad".

Sam can't die!! And seeing Starbuck once again care for him was heartbreaking. The cracks in the hull of the Galactica were also so sad - the old girl can't last forever.

So, next week, Ellen comes back, and apparently SHE KNOWS THE TRUTH. I certainly hope someone does. It's been an exciting season so far, but I still don't have the answers I was promised, and there aren't enough episodes left to be messing around.

No comments: