Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gaijinmama's 3 to 7

More TV!! What can I say, I really ought to be reading but this is too much fun.

#3 The X Files, Season 5 Episode 20 , "The End"

This is the one with the weird little mind-reading chess-playing kid. The Lone Gunmen get a good scene and I think this is one of the best cliff-hanger endings ever!5 of 5. ...Foehike in his jammies...hilarious!

#4 Dark Angel, Season 1, Episode 15, "Haven"

This is a depressing episode. I have a hard time watching anything where little kids are hurt (but I'll spoil enough to assure you that this little guy ends up safe) In this one, vigilantes beat an Arab doctor, rape his wife, and then burn them alive since they had the only working generator in town so obviously the locals think they must have terrorist connections. Too scary, and unfortunately too close to actual events in some places. I was tickled to see Ashley Crow from Heroes! (yeah, I'm such a TV geek!)
rating: 4 of 5

#5 Dark Angel Season 1 Episode 16, "Shorties in Love"

All Max wants is a hot shower and it's tragic what she goes through to get it...but I would do the same. Original Cindy actually Gets Some, and even though her partner turns out to be a bit of a baddie, I'm happy to see our gal be more than just the gay sidekick.The ending is kinda gross and horrific but the bad guy sure gets his.
Rating: 4.5 of 5

#6 Dark Angel Season 1 Episode 17, "Pollo Loco"The opening scene is hilarious...Max brings home a live chicken and, when Original Cindy is upset that she intends to kill it, smiles that radiant Jessica Alba smile and says, "Must be my feline DNA 'cause when I look at this bird, I see DINNER!" Then she snaps the checken's neck in the next breath...off camera, don't worry.Then....OMG. Jensen Ackles (a.k.a. the luscious Dean Winchester from Supernatural) without his shirt on!!And Nana Visitor, who played Major Kira, my favorite character from
Star Trek Deep Space Nine...only in Dark Angel she's totally evil and looking fabulous.
5 of 5, if only for the bit with the chicken and the waaaay cool guest stars!

#7 The X Files, Season 6 Episode 1, "The Beginning"As I said, I have a hard time watching little kids get hurt. The poor little mind-reader really gets abused here..Cancer Man drags him out of the operating room right after brain surgery! Funny bit...the guy at the nuclear power plant who is asleep at his post and ends up getting eaten, is named...wait for it....Homer! (chuckle, chuckle) get it? as in Simpson?
This is where X Files starts getting really bloody. It was creepy, but not gross and bloody so much, for the first five seasons. Now I'm remembering why I quit watching part way through season 8. But I suppose motherhood has made my stomach stronger...Geeky Trivia: Rick Millikan, the casting director, gets to play a bit part and have his chest ripped out before the opening theme plays.
5 of 5..but skip it if you have a weak stomach.

No comments: